Extended Validation Code Signing
FEATURES & BENEFITS
The EV Code Signing process can provide reputation service within browsers, operating systems, and security software an additional source of confidence in applications signed with EV Code Signing certificates. DigiCert has partnered with Microsoft to integrate EV Code Signing certificate status with its SmartScreen® reputation services in Internet Explorer and Windows 8. Programs signed by an EV Code Signing certificate can immediately establish a reputation with SmartScreen reputation services even if no prior reputation exists for that file or publisher. This means there are potentially fewer warning messages when a user tries to run your application.
- Reputation in Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 9
- Extended Validation Authentication
- Hardware Token and PIN Included in Signing Process
- Digitally sign 32-bit and 64-bit user-mode (.exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, and .xap files) and kernel-mode software
- Free 24/7 Support
- More Frictionless User Experience – Users may experience fewer warning messages when trying to run your application.
- Increased User Confidence – Extended Validation authentication means that users can be more confident in your identity and the integrity of your application.
- More Secure Code Signing – The necessary hardware token and PIN involved in the signing process mean that your EV Code Signing certificate can only be used by the designated developer at his workstation.
- World Class Customer Support that you can depend on from DigiCert.